Architecture Billings Index
Subscribe for $369/year.
Everything starts with planning. Strengthen your economic and business models with the Architecture Billings Index, proprietary economic data available only through AIA. Based on billings at US architecture firms, this leading economic indicator predicts nonresidential construction activity 9–12 months ahead.
Use it to:
- Assess and predict business conditions
- Evaluate investment decisions and confirm patterns
- Support budgeting and demand planning
- Predict and track the market
- Benchmark portfolio performance
- Estimate during the RFP process
- Inform strategic planning
What you get:
- New data each month plus access to key findings, executive briefings, and trends analysis by AIA Chief Economist Kermit Baker, Hon. AIA
- Access to 25 years of raw ABI historical data
- National breakdowns (billings, inquiries, design contracts)
- Breakdowns by U.S. regions (northeast, midwest, south, west)
- Breakdowns by sectors (multifamily residential, commercial/industrial, institutional, mixed)
- Two white papers: Relationship Between a Billings Index and Construction Spending and Reviewing the Performance and Extending the Applications of the ABI
- Up to three users per license*
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
“It is widely accepted that the ABI is one of the best indicators for construction.”
Subscribe to the ABI
*The Subscriber is hereby granted permission to use the Architecture Billings Index (the “Work”) for internal, information purposes only. The Work may not be published, copied, transmitted, or otherwise made available, in whole or in part, to any third party without the prior written permission of the American Institute of Architects.